Horse & Carriage Experiences
In the beautiful surroundings of Creswell Crags, Derbyshire
Come and enjoy a relaxing carriage riding experience with Coloured Cob, either learn to drive yourself, or just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Horse & carriage ride – bring family & friends to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery in our historical rural wagonette.
- Come and enjoy a carriage ride through the archaeological beauty spot of Creswell Crags
- Revel in the wonders of this totally unique experience riding through the limestone gorge dating back to the Ice Age
- Relax and enjoy our optional prosecco hamper option (additional charge of £10 per bottle)
- The whole carriage ride experience lasts around 45 minutes
- Prices start from £20 per person
Horse & Carriage Ride Prices
Horse & carriage driving lessons and experiences
- Enjoy the challenge of carriage driving with our range of horses and our 2 wheeled carriage or 4 wheeled rural wagonette
- You will spend the morning or afternoon at Coloured Cob Equestrian Centre
- Groom and learn how to harness your driving horse
- Enjoy a ‘driving’ lesson in the paddock
- Learn how to remove the harness
- Finish the experience with a picturesque drive through the beauty spot of Creswell Crags and enjoy the tranquillity of the limestone gorge
Horse & Carriage Experiences Prices
Make a booking here
Register and book online today. Please make new and routine enquiries and bookings to our office number on 01909 725251 9am to 8pm.
We are busy outdoors most days, so you may need to leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we can. Leave your phone number very slowly and clearly.
You can also make an initial booking request using the form here. NB. If your preferred date and time is not available, we will contact you with an alternative. We have an active Facebook page with lots to see.
About the Coloured Cob equestrian centre
It was my aim to open a riding school & equestrian centre where compassion and customer service were high on the business agenda. Coloured Cob prides itself on listening to the needs of clients, but also to the needs of the horses. The centre is also steeped in history and the stables and accommodation date back to 1610. Situated on bridleways immediately adjacent to the archaeological beauty spot of Creswell Crags, meaning we are blessed with a beautiful countryside setting.
Riders are taught by highly qualified equestrian coaches, who not only have the experience and qualifications to teach the correct aids during your lesson, but also to coach you towards building your confidence, working to goals within your comfort zone and ensuring the health and safety of not only yourself but our horses is absolutely paramount.